Sunday 25 May 2014

Eleventh on the chess leader board!!

"Madison" said Paul. He was calling out the names for chess. When your name gets called out you have to pick someone to play a game of chess with. I decided to play someone from the top so I could get a chance to get into the top six. The top six get to go to a chess competition, and I really want to go.

I decided to play Natasha. She was eleventh from the top.
After a couple of moves, Natasha said check. "Oh no!" I thought to myself silently. I can't loose this! After another couple of moves I had taken a couple of Natasha's really important pieces like: her queen, both of her rooks and one of her bishops. Natasha kept on getting me in check, so I decided to try a different plan since my old one wasn't working very well. It worked! My new plan got Natasha into checkmate! It felt like a big boulder had just been lifted off my back!

Hopefully the next person that I play will be easier to beat!

Bye see you next time!
(P.S. Dad, I am going to play you when I get home!).

1 comment:

  1. Well done at your chess wins! I'm sure you can beat your dad, good luck!

    ReplyDelete